GENERAL RULES FOR SUBMITTING FILMS:
- Only films that have been registered online can be considered for selection.
- There are two section in festival, International Competition and National Competition. Submitter must make sure the right category is selected during submission. For National Competition duration should be within 60 minutes.
- Films completed before 31stDec, 2017, are not eligible for consideration for the both section of Festival.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to clear all content of the Film from any and all actual or potential legal claims and issues, including, without limitation, claims based upon theories of libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract (“Third Party Claim(s)”). The festival authority expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any content or materials within or relating to the submitted Film that are or may be the basis for any Third Party Claim(s) based upon any of the foregoing legal theories or others. The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any Film that is or may become the subject of any Third Party Claim(s). In the event that any Third Party Claim(s) shall be asserted by any person or entity, Applicant shall fully indemnify and defend the Festival, and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection therewith and from any and all fees and expenses.
- Upon completion of the Festival selection process, the festival authority will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify the Applicant of the Film’s acceptance status. The festival authority disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the submission period (10 December, 2019 – February 20, 2020).
- The decision of the festival authority regarding selection of the films, will be considered as final and binding on all and will not be subject to discussions.
- Film once submitted and selected for final screening, will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstance. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of festival rusle and regulations.
- B) FILM SUMISSION RULES:
- There is no entry fee for participating in the film festival. Films may be entered by any organization/agency/producer/distributor/director, who hold the copyright of the film. There is no restriction on number of entries.
- One entry form must be filled out for each film.
- In order to be considered for the Festival, the Applicant must fill out the Festival submission form located at (link).The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any Film that is not submitted through the mentioned channel.
- The submission form should be filled properly as asked. Otherwise the festival authority will not accept the application form.
- The preview copy of the film should be included in the submission form as web-link. The preview copy may be watermarked by “Preview Only”.
- After the film is selected, the festival authority will notify the applicant by mail. The weblink of the film’s final copy (the particulars of the final copy is mentioned below) has to be provided by the applicant as soon as possible in the festival’s official mail address.
- If the film is not selected, notification mail from festival authority will not be sent to the applicant.
- Films will be acceptable for screening with the following particulars only:
File format – MP4, MOV
Aspect Ratio –16:9,
Image Resolution – 1080*720 or 1920*1080.
- Applicants submitting Films must contain on-screen hard-coded English subtitle, regardless of any language film. No individual file for subtitle, with the film will be accepted. The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any film that do not follow this criteria.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen selective films in different cities of Bangladesh (as travelling festival) on non-commercial basis.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, clippings from any film entered in the festival may be shown on the National / International Television / Local network / Internet, etc.
Submission Link: Click here.